Hello my name is Rowan, Im in the process of being a diagnosed bipolar, and a recovering self-harmer.This blog will be as all over the place as my mood so im sorry if I don't fit what you want.I ALWAYS follow back, and my ask box is always open for anyone to vent/talk/whatever. Get to know me if you want; nice to maybe meet you. :)
Kiss her. Slowly, take your time, there’s no place you’d rather be. Kiss her but not like you’re waiting for something else, like your hands beneath her shirt or her skirt or tangled up in her bra straps. Nothing like that. Kiss her like you’ve forgotten any other mouth that your mouth has ever touched. Kiss her with a curious childish delight. Laugh into her mouth, inhale her sighs. Kiss her until she moans. Kiss her with her face in your hands. Or your hands in her hair. Or pulling her closer at the waist. Kiss her like you want to take her dancing. Like you want to spin her into an open arena and watch her look at you like you’re the brightest thing she’s ever seen. Kiss her like she’s the brightest thing you’ve ever seen. Take your time. Kiss her like the first and only piece of chocolate you’re ever going to taste. Kiss her until she forgets how to count. Kiss her stupid. Kiss her silent. Come away, ask her what 2+2 is and listen to her say your name in answer.
THE TOP 30 THINGS THAT ALL HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMEN SHOULD KNOW
1. You will experience loss.
2. Sometimes your childhood friends turn out to be bad people.
3. Being kind is infinitely more important than being cool.
4. You will be forgotten.
5. Always turn in your homework on time.
6. Respect your teachers and they will respect you in return.
7. If someone doesn’t treat you well, leave them.
8. You will make mistakes that can’t be fixed.
9. It’s okay to experiment with alcohol and drugs, but be safe.
10. Forgive yourself.
11. ‘No’ is a good word to learn how to use.
12. If you’re having trouble, ask for help.
13. Sleep well every night.
14. Remember that a C is passing.
15. A test score is not a reflection on you as a person.
16. This all ends.
17. It’s better to have a few good friends than a lot of bad ones.
18. Don’t verbally or physically bully anyone ever.
19. Adults don’t always understand how hard high school is.
20. Volunteer time to a meaningful cause when you can.
21. Everything in moderation.
22. You can take a day off every once in a while.
23. Remember to still do things you enjoy with people you like.
24. Everyone gets acne.
25. Don’t date the same person twice.
26. Be honest with your friends.
27. Pencils on the ground in the hallways are fair game.
28. Have good posture while sitting or your back will be fucked for life.
29. You will grow in the most uncomfortable ways.
30. You are always your first priority. Be kind to yourself. Remember that you are worthy of everything.
But women can never be careful enough, can we? If we take naked pictures of ourselves, we’re asking for it. If someone can manage to hack into our accounts, we’re asking for it. If we’re not wearing anti-rape nail polish, we’re asking for it. If we don’t take self-defence classes, we’re asking for it. If we get drunk, we’re asking for it. If our skirts are too short, we’re asking for it. If we pass out at a party, we’re asking for it. If we are not hyper-vigilant every single fucking second of every single fucking day, we are asking for it. Even when we are hyper-vigilant, we’re still asking for it. The fact that we exist is asking for it.
This is what rape culture looks like.
This is what misogyny looks like.
the Lakota woman who was raped as an inmate at Fall River corrections facility (South Dakota) is testifying against the white male guard that raped her today; please send prayers of support and love her way, as what she is about to do can be traumatizing and promises to be emotionally challenging.